Back to Store | Products | Search Store | Store Specials | Mailing List

HOW TO APPLY INDIVIDUAL LASHES

Post your Tips, Techniques, Tricks, and Secrets regarding individual lashes.

HOW TO APPLY INDIVIDUAL LASHES

Postby Amy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:07 pm

1) First you need to select the correct length that would fit that *look* that you are looking for. You can buy them here at our website…please make sure you pick the correct color. Duralash is available in Naturals (Knot Free), Flare (knotted), and Regular (single lash). Some Duralash users find the Duralash Flare (knotted) easier to apply than the Knot free kind. Duralash Naturals appears to be more natural since there is no knot.

2) Before you put the lashes on, decide whether you will need to trim the length so that it fits the length of our other natural lashes. Many users apply a mixture of different length lashes across the eyelid. (e.g. longer lashes at the outside corner for a natural appearance). Duralash Flare and Naturals are available in COMBO pack. Each pack comes with 3 different length lashes

3) Wash your face and eyelid area with an oil free cleaners. It is important NOT to apply to eye cream or moisturizer to your eye area. Failing to do this will result in your falsies falling off prematurely.

4) Pick the correct glue before applying the lashes. Ardell LashLite and Andrea Permalash Adhesive are, in my opinion, the best lash glues (most economical) on the market for everyday use. For long term hold, I recommend Everlash Eyelash Adhesive and Lash beLong Adhesive. Skip those low quality, grade *cheap glue* because they can contain irritating ingredients.

5) Next, using a pair of tweezers, gently dip the tip of the individual lashes in the glue. When the glue dries half way, gently place the individual lashes right above the lashline (on eyelid) for everyday use. Alternatively, place the individual lash cluster ON or UNDER your natural lashes (not on eyelid) as lash extensions. Apply them to the outside corners of the eye first and work your way toward your nose. Use a cotton swab, wipe off the excess glue.

6) After the glue has dried completely, apply a thin line of pencil eyeliner (oil free) over the lashline (the base of your real or fake lashes) and the dried glue. Now apply oil free mascara if you like.

7) To maintain your falsies, be extra careful when washing your face. Make sure to use only oil free cleaners or make-up remover. Oil will break down the bond of the lash adhesive.

8) Individual lashes require a steadier hand and may require a bit more practice than strip lashes. Remember, practice makes perfect so be patient. It might take you a few tries before you get it down. :)

Lash Extension Facts:

Your natural eyelashes replace themselves. It is natural for individual lashes to fall off from time to time if the falsies is stuck to your natural lashes.

More lashes will fall off if you rub or scratch your eyes when you are asleep. This is normal.

For best result, replace or refill the individual clusters if necessary to maintain the look of your individual lash extension.

Recommended reading: Caleb's Experiement at http://madamemadeline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62

See customer Susie's YouTube video for step by step application instructions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ofZPyBAK7k

Last edited by Amy on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
Amy
Madame Madeline
Email: forum@madamemadeline.com
URL: www.MadameMadeline.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Online Shoppe for Ardell, Andrea, Elise False Eyelashes
Amy
Site Admin

Enter the middle number (hint '4') in box to the right --->: 0

Individual lashes

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:38 pm

:roll:

Hi Amy,

Can you tell me if Ardel still sells the "single" individual lashes?

Thanks, Roxanne

Re: Individual lashes

Postby Amy » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:12 pm

Anonymous wrote::roll:

Hi Amy,

Can you tell me if Ardel still sells the "single" individual lashes?

Thanks, Roxanne

Hi Roxanne,

Thanks for your post. Ardell still sells the "single" individual lashes. They are not as popular as the flare individual lashes so the singles (Duralash regular) will be hard to find. Currently we do not carry any of these lashe in stock but we can special order them for you if you order 10 pairs or more. They are priced at $2.10 each when you buy 10 pairs. Please contact Grace at questions@madamemadeline.com if you would like to place an order. Best regards :wink:
Amy
Madame Madeline

Amy
Site Admin

Postby Amy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:12 pm

Find Ardell Duralash Regular (Single) lashes at http://www.madamemadeline.com/online_shoppe/products.asp?cat=28

hh:)
Amy
Madame Madeline

Amy
Site Admin

Postby Amy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:08 pm

Amy
Madame Madeline

Amy
Site Admin

Re: HOW TO APPLY INDIVIDUAL LASHES

Postby Nee » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:45 pm

Amy wrote:1) First you need to select the correct length that would fit that *look* that you are looking for. You can buy them here at our website…please make sure you pick the correct color. Duralash is available in Naturals (Knot Free), Flare (knotted), and Regular (single lash). Some Duralash users find the Duralash Flare (knotted) easier to apply than the Knot free kind. Duralash Naturals appears to be more natural since there is no knot.

2) Before you put the lashes on, decide whether you will need to trim the length so that it fits the length of our other natural lashes. Many users apply a mixture of different length lashes across the eyelid. (e.g. longer lashes at the outside corner for a natural appearance). Duralash Flare and Naturals are available in COMBO pack. Each pack comes with 3 different length lashes

3) Wash your face and eyelid area with an oil free cleaners. It is important NOT to apply to eye cream or moisturizer to your eye area. Failing to do this will result in your falsies falling off prematurely.

4) Pick the correct glue before applying the lashes. Ardell LashLiteare, in my opinion, the best lash glues on the market for everyday use. For long term hold, I recommend Everlash Eyelash Adhesive. Skip those low quality, grade *cheap glue* because they can contain irritating ingredients.

5) Next, using a pair of tweezers, gently dip the tip of the individual lashes in the glue. When the glue dries half way, gently place the individual lashes right above the lashline (on eyelid) for everyday use. Alternatively, place the individual lash cluster ON or UNDER your natural lashes (not on eyelid) as lash extensions. Apply them to the outside corners of the eye first and work your way toward your nose. Use a cotton swab, wipe off the excess glue.

6) After the glue has dried completely, apply a thin line of pencil eyeliner (oil free) over the lashline (the base of your real or fake lashes) and the dried glue. Now apply oil free mascara if you like.

7) To maintain your falsies, be extra careful when washing your face. Make sure to use only oil free cleaners or make-up remover. Oil will break down the bond of the lash adhesive.

8) Individual lashes require a steadier hand and may require a bit more practice than strip lashes. Remember, practice makes perfect so be patient. It might take you a few tries before you get it down. :)

Lash Extension Facts:

Your natural eyelashes replace themselves. It is natural for individual lashes to fall off from time to time if the falsies is stuck to your natural lashes.

More lashes will fall off if you rub or scratch your eyes when you are asleep. This is normal.

For best result, replace or refill the individual clusters if necessary to maintain the look of your individual lash extension.

Recommended reading: Caleb's Experiement at http://madamemadeline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62

Hi Amy,
Please help me. I am sorry, English is my second language I am not quite understand your information. Please help to answer again. I read many posts, but I am still confused.
If I want to apply individual cluster lashes and keep them on for at least 2 weeks:
Should I apply to eyelid OR on top my own lashes?
Which one I should order to get natural, fuler lashes?
Which package #, type of remover, adhesive are needed?
Thank you so much for your patient and helpping me.
Nee
Nee

Postby Grace » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:18 am

Individual lashes should be applied on top or bottom of your own lashes when applied with LashTite or Permalash adhesive. They can be glued directly to your eyelid for short term wear with DUO Eyelash or Sherani Adhesive. The best way to achieve a natural, fuller look is to use Duralash Flare or Naturals cluster lashes. Depending on your lash density, you will only need a few clusters to thicken up your existing lashes.
Grace

Postby cc4hair » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:27 pm

I heard of some people putting on lashes with hair bonding glue,what do you tthink of that? also, i saw demonstrations of eyelashe applications and the person was putting on the eyelashes close together as if the lashes were glued to each other, is that the proper way?
cc4hair

Postby Amy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:28 pm

cc4hair wrote:I heard of some people putting on lashes with hair bonding glue,what do you tthink of that? also, i saw demonstrations of eyelashe applications and the person was putting on the eyelashes close together as if the lashes were glued to each other, is that the proper way?

It is okay to apply the lashes with hair bonding glue. I do not recommend doing this yourself but an eyelash technician can apply them for you using such glue. This is due to safety reasons since hair bonding glue is very strong. Please elaborate on what you mean by putting on the eyelashes close together. Do you mean the person applies the individual clusters or single lashes close together or putting the natural eyelashes close together. In general single lashes are applied to your natural lash on a hair to hair basis. Lash clusters can be spread out to add density and length to your natural lashes. It is not proper to glue your natural eyelashes to each other.
Amy
Madame Madeline

Amy
Site Admin

Postby ashley » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:20 am

Hi,

Will your bottom lashes get stuck to your top lashes during the application? Are there any tips on how to prevent this?

My natural eyelashes are not very curved, like the false lashes. So will it be better for me to apply the falsies on top or under my natural lashes?

Also, is Ardell Lashtite or Andrea Permalash better as an adhesive (holds for longer)? Are the falsies technically only meant to fall off if your natural lashes fall off?

How much longer will the Everlash adhesive hold the falsies on for?

Thanks in advance!

Ash
ashley

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 pm

ashley wrote:Will your bottom lashes get stuck to your top lashes during the application? Are there any tips on how to prevent this?

It depends on how you are applying the lashes. It helps to apply on eye at a time and try not to blink until the adhesive is dried. Some users will place pieces of medical porus tape on the bottom eyelash line in a wide V pattern to competely cover the bottom lashes to prevent them from getting stuck to the top lashes if you are using cyanoacrylate based adhesive. Medical tape is not really necessary for Lashtite or permalash adhesive since they are not as strong.

ashley wrote:My natural eyelashes are not very curved, like the false lashes. So will it be better for me to apply the falsies on top or under my natural lashes?

If you use single lashes, you would place them above. For cluster individual lashes, you place them under.

ashley wrote:Also, is Ardell Lashtite or Andrea Permalash better as an adhesive (holds for longer)? Are the falsies technically only meant to fall off if your natural lashes fall off?

Both adhesives are nitrocellulose based so typically hold the lashes for 1 to 2 weeks. I've had better experience with Andrea Permlash Adhesive and Gypsy Individual adhesive than lashtite. Everlash adhesive performs just about the same as Ardell Lashtite Adhesive. For single lash extensions, the lashes can stay on for 2 to 3 weeks or up to the entire life of your natural lashes (shed cycle is about 2 months) when applied with cyanoacrylate based adhesive such as Lash beLong Adhesive.

Postby hullsgrl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Why suffer in fixing with false lashes when you can use a lashes growth serum just like what I been using for a few months now which is called the ardell excel for my eyebrow. Believe me this product is really worth your penny much more its very economical each bottle will last mos.
hullsgrl

Lashologist Assoc

Postby carolyn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 am

Hi, looking for thoughts on this: got an email from a non-profit organization organization called the Lashologist Council of America, seems like they're trying to raise the bar in the eyelash industry with an understanding of eyelash diseases, conditions, eye anatomy, sanitation and sterilization, safety and eye hygiene, all which encompass clinical knowledge of lashes. useful info for prefessioanls and amatuers alike, they're at [url]http:/www.lashologist.org[/url]

Found a quote from the president "When this extended training is coupled with trainig & certification to provide glamour and beauty services of eyelash extensions, perming, tinting, clusters, strips, drop-ins, semi-permanent mascara---a true Professional exists. If one is working on the eyes and performing eyelash services, it is important to cater to every clients needs, not just in the artistry but in the integrity of the eyelash and the health and well-being of the client's eyes, as this is our professional responsiblilty. I am hopeful that the council will grow with more advocates who have the same vision and passion in our field. "
carolyn

Postby curious » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:34 am

Where In Auckland can i find the Ardell Lashtite Adhesive?? I have been searching all pharmacy's and they do not have and glue for individual lashes i really wont to find out where i can get soon so i can start my own business.. The only place i know of is online but i would rather look at what i am about to buy other then order something i am not expecting..

HELP PLEASE!!
curious

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:39 am

[quote="Amy"][quote="cc4hair"]I heard of some people putting on lashes with hair bonding glue,what do you tthink of that? also, i saw demonstrations of eyelashe applications and the person was putting on the eyelashes close together as if the lashes were glued to each other, is that the proper way?[/quote]

It is okay to apply the lashes with hair bonding glue. I do not recommend doing this yourself but an eyelash technician can apply them for you using such glue. This is due to safety reasons since hair bonding glue is very strong. Please elaborate on what you mean by putting on the eyelashes close together. Do you mean the person applies the individual clusters or single lashes close together or putting the natural eyelashes close together. In general single lashes are applied to your natural lash on a hair to hair basis. Lash clusters can be spread out to add density and length to your natural lashes. It is not proper to glue your natural eyelashes to each other.[/quote]

Most folks doing eyelash extensions in this manner are not even licensed beauticians #1 (loopholes apparently allow this). #2 weave glue was never intended for use in the eye area, so anyone getting these lashes can't complain if something were to ever go wrong. Use the permalash or lash tite ment for these lashes or duo. Theses glues have removers. Weave glue will take forever to get off and you will probably pull out your lashes. #3 lashes done in this manner sometimes look great... for the 1st 3days (then the grow and pull lashes that are in a different stage of growth out,usually causing traction alopecia... on the EYELID... hence bald eyelash b*#@!es that constantly go to the lash lady demanding fleet lashes when they have nothing to attach them to)... Flairs/cluster lashes were never intended for wear past a week! They are called "party lashes" for a reason.

But if you just don't give a f*** feel free to go for it, at least you are now informed.

Lastly lashes done this way in my opinion can make a woman look really cheap...really really cheap. Like bats and butterflys had babies and were glued to the eyelid. I'm from Harlem where this trend has quite possibly started and I wish I could rip these horrible things off women's eyes because it's actually making them look ugly.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 pm

We are China's largest and best fake eyelash manufacturer.
We specialize in making eyelashes, and have been supplying American ARDELL, elf, Hello ween, Wal-Mart supermarket, Japanese Dachuang, 711 and other 100 yuan stores, German PS, British Elizabeth and other brands.
Product introduction:
https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search ... i&catalog=

Return to Individual Lashes Tips, Techniques, and Tricks