Back to Store | Products | Search Store | Store Specials | Mailing List

HOW TO APPLY STRIP FALSE EYELASHES

Post your Tips, Techniques, Tricks, and Secrets regarding false eyelashes.

HOW TO APPLY STRIP FALSE EYELASHES

Postby Amy » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:04 pm

1) First you need to select the correct style that would fit that *look* that you are looking for. You can buy them here at our website…please make sure you pick the correct color.

2) Before you put the lashes on, decide whether you will need to trim the length so that it fits the width of your eye. Remember, for demi lashes (eg #101 demi, 120 demi, etc.), the strip is shorter than regular Ardell Fashion Lashes. If your false lashes feel uncomfortable, then the strip is probably too long and needs to be trimmed.

3) Pick the correct glue before applying the lashes. Ardell LashGrip , Sherani, and DUO Surgical Adhesive are, in my opinion, the best lash glues on the market. Skip those low quality, grade *cheap glue* because they can contain irritating ingredients. Note: Please do not use Duo Adhesive if you are allergic to "Latex."

4) Use the wide end of a flat toothpick and squeeze a small drop of glue onto the tip. Then, take the strip of lashes and glide the glue from one end to the other. Next, using a pair of tweezers, gently place the lashes right above your lashline. Use a cotton swab, wipe off the excess glue.

5) After the glue has dried completely, apply a thin line of eyeliner over the lashline (the base of your real or fake lashes) and the dried glue to help disguise the strip.

6) Remember, practice makes perfect so be patient. It might take you a few tries before you get it down. :D

Below are some tips about mascara use from a poster (Thank you Kay). A must read for mascara users:

Kay wrote:I am a PROFESSIONAL MAKE UP ARTIST with a well know Rodeo Drive Makeup studio in Beverly Hills..............When applying lashes DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT apply mascara to your own eyelashes or put eyeliner on before the lashes. Big ugly mistake if you should accidentally sdmudge the glue or wet eyeliner when applying the lash. ONLY apply the mascara after the fake eyelash is secure, inplace and the glue is completely dry. Then coat the lashed with ONE medium layer of mascara. The mascara will act as a second "glue" and hold the fake lash to your real lash. After the mascara is dry, use a dry brush, a toothbrush is terrific for this and upsweep your lashes only two to three times lightly to clear and seperate the eyelash. Beleive me I have shown and taught many celebrities the art of fake eyelash application. You do as I mentioned and you will have what appears to be completely natural, uncluttered lashes. This is the best way to apply them!

Not sure which STYLE of Ardell false lashes to choose? Check out the brochure below:

For another version of strip lash application instructions, visit post by Grace at

http://madamemadeline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2737#2737
Last edited by Amy on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Amy
Madame Madeline
Email: forum@madamemadeline.com
URL: www.MadameMadeline.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Online Shoppe for Ardell, Andrea, Elise False Eyelashes
Amy
Site Admin

Enter the middle number (hint '4') in box to the right --->: 0

An interesting article

Postby jolie » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:33 am

Here an informative article that I found on http://www.vision-gal.org about lashes application.

-----------------------------------
How To Apply Fake Lashes

SUBTLE
If you aren't psyched to wear a full set, start with a few individual lashes. They'll look thicker and longer, but in a natural way.

Lashes stick better to clean lids, so first wash your eye area with oil-free makeup remover. Put on a coat of mascara and use your eyelash curler so your natural lashes will blend in with the fake ones -- which are long and curly. Before you do any gluing, have your remover close by. Then squeeze a small blob of glue onto the side of your hand. Grab one lash with a slanted tweezer and lightly dip the end into the glue. Next, stick the tacky tip of the hair at the base of your lash line, between two of your own lashes. You want the fakes to look as real as possible, so attach them at the same angle as your own lashes, and at the outer corner of your eyes where lashes tend to be longer. Hold each lash in place for a few seconds daydream about how gorgeous you are, and let the glue set. Three of four lashes on each eye will make a subtle difference.

Once you've had enough of your new lashes (which should be before they start to look mangy), resist the urge to pluck them off, because you could pull out one of your own lashes or a chunk of skin. Instead, soak a cotton pad with lash-glue remover and dab your lid until the glue gets soft and the lash slips off.

DRAMATIC
Strips of fake lashes look most convincing when they are similar in length and fullness to your own. Peel them off the package with your tweezer and trim the band to fit the width of your eye. Dip a skinny eyeliner brush in lash glue and lightly paint the back of the strip. The thin coat of glue dries in about three minutes, so speed it up or the lash won't stick. Starting at the outer corner of your eye, apply the last close to your lash line and press down across your eye to the inner corner. (For a tamer version: Cut one full lash band in half and use it on the outer corners of each lid.)

Your fake lashes should stay on for about a day, but can slide off sooner if your skin is oily. Follow the same method as the single lashes to remove them yourself. Some are reusable, so check the box before you chuck them.

OVER THE TOP
Once you've mastered the application of a single strip, use your new skills to experiment with the craziest lashes you can find. Layer multiple sets of black lashes for a 60's mod style, or try a wacky green version. (We covered a row of fake black lashes with half a strip of neon green.) Our best advice when you double up: Let the first set of lashes dry for four to five minutes before you stick on the second -- wet lashes tend to pop off when you blink, which is not so pretty.

~~jolie~~
jolie
User

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:05 pm

My friend told me that you apply false eyelashes to the underside of your eyelashes... is that true, Or do u go on top?

I GLUE MINE UNDER AT THE BASE OF MY EYELASHES, UNDERNEATH.

Postby LYNNRUTHHAINES » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:My friend told me that you apply false eyelashes to the underside of your eyelashes... is that true, Or do u go on top?
LYNNRUTHHAINES
User

Postby Grace » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:20 pm

Thanks for raising the question. False eyelashes should be applied on TOP of the lashline, not under. Apply under will probably cause eye irratation.
Grace
Madame Madeline
Customer Support
Email: questions@madamemadeline.com
Site: www.MadameMadeline.com

---------------------------------------
Don't forget to join our mailing list
---------------------------------------
Grace
User

False Eyelashes

Postby AngusBaby » Mon May 03, 2004 1:18 pm

I have heard that using false eyelashes will cause your real ones to fall out? Is this true?
AngusBaby

Postby Amy » Fri May 14, 2004 5:55 pm

Hi AngusBaby,

Thanks for your post. Your friend is right. Some lashes will eventually fall out if you do not take proper percussion. Fortunately, there are lots of ways to prevent this.

Here are some tips that could minimize this:

:idea: Avoid pulling the lashes from your lids, as you may pull your own lashes.

:idea: Avoid using Cheap generic grade lash adhesives

:idea: Try removing your false eyelashes before you go to bed, using a makeup remover.

:idea: Do not be cheap to buy a quality eyelash curler. Sometimes you do get what you pay for

:!: If your natural lashes are 'pulled out' due to compulsive Trichotillomania behaviors, please seek medical professional immediately.

If anyone knows any other tips, please post them. Thank you. :wink:
Amy
Madame Madeline

Amy
Site Admin

Trichotillomania

Postby Nicole » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:16 am

Quote "If your natural lashes are 'pulled out' due to compulsive Trichotillomania behaviors, please seek medical professional immediately."

Just as a side note, this is pretty harsh!

I've had trichotillomania for 15 years and no medical professional EVER helped me with it until I did the research myself.

People may not know what "compulsive trichotillomania" is, it may be better to say "Hair Pulling disorder" because trichotillomania means nothing to someone who's never heard what their 'problem' is called.

You should suggest that people "look up" resources for trichotillomania before they go running to a doctor. You make it seem like it's some sort of emergency or that you need a 'medical professional'. You dont. You need a support group, information and education.

Thanks, just my two cents....

I buy lashes because sometimes slip-up and find myself with a cm bare patch in my lashes on one side or the other. Also from the years of abuse my lashes are very thin and short. I find that the brown 109 lashes blend in PERFECTLY and i've gotten SO MANY compliments from my friends and family that they look perfectly natural and beautiful, so even when i dont have bare spots i still wear them.

The only problem that may occur is if you have extremely low self esteem or depression due to the hair pulling, from feeling shame from your 'less than perfect' appearance. If you are depressed, suicidal, not feeling yourself THEN YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR DOCTOR. anti-depressants, namely Zoloft and Celexa are prescribed to try to combat obsessive-compulsive-disorder. I use celexa, but I was also depressed. Celexa is also a LOT cheaper than zoloft. If you are fine, and just seem to pull lashes out in times of high stress or anxiety, it's not that big of a deal. Just try not to! :P but it's hard. just keep on keepin' on. :)

There are waaay more resources on the net than there are doctors who even know what trichotillomania are, and they usually say "allapecia" or whatever but that's not what it is. It is an obsessive compulsion.

Okay thanks for listening
Nicole
Nicole

Postby LB » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:39 am

LB

Postby jamaikan04 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:19 am

I read that it is best to use an eyelash applicator to apply lashes.
When i apply mine i have trouble getting the stip to the base of the lash line will the applicatpr help or does someone have a trick.
jamaikan04

Postby Amy » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:31 pm

jamaikan04 wrote:I read that it is best to use an eyelash applicator to apply lashes.
When i apply mine i have trouble getting the stip to the base of the lash line will the applicatpr help or does someone have a trick.

HI Jamaikan04,

I recommend use of a quality tweezer to apply the lashes. I personally find the lash applicator big and clumsy and blocks vision when applying. With a little practice, the tweezer offers more precision and control. See my above post for strip lash application instructions ;)
Amy
Madame Madeline

Amy
Site Admin

Cleaning Strip Lashes

Postby serphronia » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:47 am

What are the best methods for cleaning strip lashes after removal, storing and preparation for re-application? Is there a special solution they should be soaked in? Is alcohol good or bad? Thanks.
serphronia

need help..asked question in another topic..no reply?

Postby GUEST » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:32 pm

Hi, I found this site by accident..I posted my original question in what I thought was the appropriate catagory..but it seems that no one visits that one..so I will try it here..at least this one has had more visitors..

I have never tried them..I have countless pairs, boxes, etc..in a drawer..I am a true blonde, so I have no pigment in my eyelashes, eyebrows, etc..I do use fake tanning...I need to know for beginners..

1.What type of eyelash strip is the easiest to learn from?
2.How do I size them?
3.what type of glue? I do have sensitive eyes. I don't know if I am allergic to latex? but am scared to try..
4.I have two small girls, and pretty busy, so eyelashes that will stay on...
5.I am afraid that for me, they will look fake..since you may be able to truely see the false eyelashes...would it be "easier", or "better' since I am a blonde to do the "individual lashes"?..or is this a major pain..and too time consuming?

if anyone wants to email me off of this board if allowed please do...I would like to get started..I have kinda been waiting for an "experienced lash expert to offer some advice on a sturdy, but not harmful to my sensitive eyes".. carson-a@sbcglobal.net

thanks
Angel

Re: need help..asked question in another topic..no reply?

Postby Amy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:47 pm

GUEST wrote:1.What type of eyelash strip is the easiest to learn from?
2.How do I size them?
3.what type of glue? I do have sensitive eyes. I don't know if I am allergic to latex? but am scared to try..
4.I have two small girls, and pretty busy, so eyelashes that will stay on...
5.I am afraid that for me, they will look fake..since you may be able to truely see the false eyelashes...would it be "easier", or "better' since I am a blonde to do the "individual lashes"?..or is this a major pain..and too time consuming?

The real problem is the style depends a lot on personal preference. The
best way for beginners is to try several different styles and you should be
able to find 1 or 2 styles that suit you the best. Strip lashes should fit most eyes. You may need to trim the end of the lash strip if they are too long.

For strip lashes, DUO Surgical adhesive is the preferred choice. This is the most gentle adhesive we carry. DUO adhesive does contain latex. Just to make sure, you can apply a spot of the adhesive on your arms or waist (spot test) for few hours to see if you develop any itch, irritation, or discomfort. If you develope any allergic reaction, you will need to switch to a latex free adhesive such as LashTite Adhesive.

When the lashes are applied correct, they should stay on the entire day. Depending on your skin type, occassional retouch up may be required. False eyelashes does not stay on oily skin too well. Make sure you do not apply eye creme or lotion before you put on the false eyelashes.

Personally I use strip lashes since I find them much easier to apply. Individual lashes are great to thicken up sparse or missing spots along your lash line. They are also be applied to your entire lash line, however, it is very time consuming.

\:D/
Amy
Madame Madeline

Amy
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Do we HAVE to get the glue cleaner to get the glue of the lashes?

Postby Amy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:28 am

Anonymous wrote:Do we HAVE to get the glue cleaner to get the glue of the lashes?

The best way is to use a lash comb to clean the lashes and use your fingers to pick off the dried adhesive residue.
Amy
Madame Madeline

Amy
Site Admin

Re: HOW TO APPLY STRIP FALSE EYELASHES

Postby anonymous123 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:28 am

I always apply the Duo Surgical lash glue to the lashband and then wait for it to go tacky before applying. This has always worked without fail for me - the lashes stay on even during prolonged periods of strenuous activity.
A friend swears by applying the Duo to her hand, waits for it to go tacky, applies it to the lash band and then puts it on the lash. She has been having problems getting the lashes to stay in place and has had to re-apply the lashes 6 times! Could this be a problem with the glue, or the method in which she applies the lashes?
anonymous123

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 pm

Qingdao Xingruijie Trading Company is a professional manufacturer of eyelashes, with more than 10 years of production and sales of false eyelashes history. In line with a professional perspective on the market, with a professional technology to win the market attitude, relying on the "first-class technology, first-class products" production concept, has been in the forefront of the industry. The company in line with the "quality of survival, with the characteristics of development" philosophy, warmly welcome customers at home and abroad to guide and negotiate business! Our company false eyelash products are divided into five categories: chemical fiber, real hair, feathers, laser gold and silver thread, natural animal hair, up to 500 varieties. Including all false eyelash varieties, technology and quality in the same industry navigation leading. Our company is located in Qingdao, Shandong, China. It supplies false eyelashes and pure hand false eyelashes. Welcome to patronize!

Mailbox: 573653887@qq.com

Tel: 18906487073

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:28 pm

We are China's largest and best fake eyelash manufacturer.
We specialize in making eyelashes, and have been supplying American ARDELL, elf, Hello ween, Wal-Mart supermarket, Japanese Dachuang, 711 and other 100 yuan stores, German PS, British Elizabeth and other brands.
Product introduction:
https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search ... i&catalog=

Return to False Eyelashes Tips, Techniques, and Tricks